Summary This project will establish youth clubs in 3 villages , to enable youth to have free space for peace dialogue, voices raising, inter-communal sport, provides training to 900 youth on life skills and entrepreneurship, communication and leadership skills. Radio...
Current Project Activities
- SGBV prevention and response for the affected population in Maridi, through awareness creation by establishing SGBV clubs in schools, conducting community outreach and sensitization meetings, dialogue and focus group discussions (FGDs).
- Conducting peacebuilding activities at secondary schools in Juba to reduce tribal consciousness, by empowering students to be agents of change and peace-builders using peace clubs and sports in secondary schools.
- Collaborating with other like-minded, non-profit partners to conduct needs assessments across South Sudan, including in camps.
- Conducting straight talk and youth talk clubs in secondary and primary schools to deal with climate change, child marriage, early pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health (SRH), menstrual hygiene management and other social factors affecting youth aged 10-24 years’ in Juba, Bor and countrywide through radios.
- Narrative Hub is currently providing reproductive health awareness and advocating for reproductive health rights of women and girls integrated with COVID-19 messages in Bor supported by CARE International South Sudan. This is a six months’ project that began in November 2020.
Previous project Activities
- Narrative Hub integrated advocacy on reproductive health rights and COVID-19 in Juba between June and August 2020 funded by Urgent Action Fund-Africa.
- Narrative Hub in July 2020, conducted a research on how COVID-19 has affected women’s reproductive health and gender-based violence in Juba urban area, (Gurei Payam).
- Provided mentorship and life’s kills coaching for adolescent girls in DMI school and non-school girls in Mangateen Camp in Juba
- Partnered with Community Initiative for Development Organization (CIDO) as a women-led organization to conduct a policy study to amplify women’s voices and enhance participation, accountability, and advocacy in humanitarian action. The project was supported by CIDO.